Friends, ever since I moved to NYC I have had the hardest time keeping up with reading. Carrying a book around is great, but when one lives in a big city you tend to have to carry EVERYTHING with you. Sometimes a book is last on the list of things to add to my bag and reluctantly, I end up leaving it at home.
So for those of you readers who are consistently on the go & have no room to fit that precious novel into your already overstuffed bag or for those readers who have trouble finding time to sit down and read, I present to you the solution to all of your bookish problems: Audible®.
What is Audible® you ask?
Audible® is an audiobook company owned by Amazon. Their mission is to “unleash the power of the spoken word” and they do this well through offering over 200,000 best-selling digital Audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio subscriptions to popular magazines and newspapers.
5 Reasons why Audible® is freaking awesome:
- You have access to thousands of books on the device you carry around with you everywhere, your phone!
- You know that voice you do inside of your head (or maybe some of you do out loud) when you are reading? Well this voice is now real and it is usually the voice of a famous celebrity that you love dearly, making listening to the book 110% cooler than it would be if you read it to yourself.
- Listening to a book gives you a whole different perspective on the story. It’s like a TV drama, but in your head.
- You are able to easily stop and pick back up exactly where you left off. No more dog-eared pages or using anything and everything as a bookmark. Plus, Audible has this nice feature where you can clip part of the story, making it easy to snag those lines you love.
- Don’t you hate it when you are reading and everyone decides to interrupt? Well, with Audible®, since you typically have headphones on, the distractions vanish and you get to immerse yourself fully into the story-line. How great is that?!
BONUS: Audible® is currently offering a 30-day free trial! Sign up is easy, simply click here to get started.
So now that you know how awesome Audible® truly is. Let me share with you what am I listening to right now:
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James, narrated by Emma Thompson
For those of you who like a little suspense, add this Gothic ghost tale to your list! The marvelous Emma Thompson seamlessly captures the essence of Henry James writing, making it a read you may want to listen to in the daylight.
So what are you waiting for? Start listening.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Audible. The opinions and text are all mine.